The WWW Wednesday meme is hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words and is a great way to do a weekly update on what you’ve been reading and what you have planned.
To take part all you have to do is answer the following three questions:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
I’m on holiday!!! Okay I have a week off work and am not away anywhere but I’m trying to make the most of it. A holiday does require some holiday reading so I’ve picked up The Bookshop on the Shore by Jenny Colgan. It’s been a while since I’ve read any books by Colgan, and the second in a series was maybe not the best place to start, but I’m really enjoying it. It’s a nice and easy read set in the Scottish Highlands with lots and lots of lovely book references (and you don’t have to have read the first book to be able to enjoy it).
I spent most of the weekend in Edinburgh at the inaugural Cymera book festival so my reading has been a little bit limited but I did manage to finish four books.
- A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World by C. A. Fletcher – I cannot recommend this book enough. I was a little wary going in (it’s a book with a dog) but while it is emotional it’s sooo worth it.
- Women & Power: A Manifesto by Mary Beard – I’m contemplating joining a new RL book group and this is the book they’re currently reading. It’s essentially a couple of feminist essays looking at the ways women have been silenced or denied any real power. I did find it a little too focused on the historical with no real practical ideas of how to improve things but it was an intriguing read.
- Coldhearted Boss by R.S. Grey – I do enjoy Grey’s books and this, her latest, was no exception. It’s a hate to love style romance which I always love and I flew through it pretty fast. Not sure I’ll remember it in a week or so but fun at the time.
- One Foot In The Grave by Jeaniene Frost – I made the mistake of reading a Cat and Bones short story a couple of weeks ago and that’s started me on a re read of the whole series. Think this the second book could potentially be my fave.
I’m undecided on my next read and am useless at sticking to what I put here so instead here are four books I picked up from NetGalley over the last week (the request ban is going really well).
Have you read any of the books on my list this week? Any others you’d recommend? As always please feel free to leave comments and links below.
Happy Reading ❤
5 thoughts on “WWW Wednesday: 12th June 2019”
I love the sound of The Boy And His Dog At The End Of The World and the cover is stunning! I’ve wished for the new Shari Lapena so we’ll see if the NG fairies want me to have a copy. 😉 We Hunt The Flame sounds fantastic as well! I hope you will enjoy these. Have a wonderful week and happy reading!
I really like the sound of Jenny Colgan’s new book and now you’ve said it can be read without reading the previous book in the series I think I might just get it to read over the summer. 🙂 I’m hoping to read Claire Douglas’ new book in the coming week too, it sounds so good!
Here’s my post: https://rathertoofondofbooks.com/2019/06/12/www-wednesdays-12-jun-2019/
I’m happy to hear you liked R.S. Grey’s new book. I had heard a couple of people saying they didn’t like it, so I wasn’t sure I wanted to read it. I might have to give it a chance now!
I’m still wary of A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World but I like the idea of a story like that being especially good. I’d probably not have given the book any attention if not for your recommendation, so thanks for sharing! I hope you enjoy your holiday.
Really glad a boy and his dog at the end of the world was good cos I definitely want to read it!