The WWW Wednesday meme is hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words and is a great way to do a weekly update on what you’ve been reading and what you have planned.
To take part all you have to do is answer the following three questions:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
I started reading Night by Night by Jack Jordon on Sunday but have to confess I wandered off and read something else so I haven’t made a huge amount of progress. I think I just needed a break from thrillers but I’m back focusing on it again and really enjoying it.
On audio I abandoned my previous plan to listen to Heroes by Stephen Fry and decided to continue on with The Diviners series instead. They’ve changed the Libby app so every time I open it I’m told how many people are waiting for every book I’ve borrowed (which for Heroes was a lot) and I hate feeling under pressure to finish something. I used an audible credit for Lair of Dreams so I can take as long as I like and just enjoy it.
My furbaby is back to his usual self (at least until his next fight), the weather was great over the weekend and I have lots of chocolate so I actually managed to find some times for reading and finished three books.
- From the Shadows by G.R. Halliday – I very much enjoyed this murder mystery/ police procedural set in the Scottish Highlands. It’s a little gruesome and dark but the setting is wonderful and the story keeps you hooked. Definitely a promising start to a new series even if I would have liked a little more depth to the characters and maybe just a smidge of humour.
- Moon Called by Patricia Briggs – This series has been on my TBR for a while so was great to finally have an excuse to read it (it fit a challenge task). I thought it was a little slow to get going and is quite similar to a lot of other urban fantasy series but I will no doubt continue on with the series.
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston – Another book from my backlist and honestly I’m not sure why I decided now was the right time to finally read it. It was there 🙂 I’m a big fan of retellings and had heard great things about this but I’m afraid while it was enjoyable and addictive the story was just too familiar to me. From the very start the story and the romance in particular just reminded me of Cinder and Ella. The family situation is different and it goes into more detail on fandom but it just lacked the feels.
I think I’m crime/thriller’d out for the moment so am probably going to switch to something completely different. I got my hands on The Bride Test from NetGalley a couple of weeks ago so I don’t think I’ll be able to resist for long. I also have Archenemies sitting on my shelf and really want to find out what happens next in that series. I also bought I Heart New York last week so would be good to pick up that one too.
Have you read any of the books on my list this week? Any others you’d recommend? As always please feel free to leave comments and links below.
Happy Reading ❤