Despite a little bit of sunshine this afternoon I think it’s safe to say that Autumn has arrived. It’s wet and windy (although you get that in Summer here) and there’s a touch of frost in the morning. While I’m not looking forward to having to scrape my windscreen in the morning or venturing up to the stables in the pitch black I am looking forward to warm jumpers, new boots and cozy evenings spent reading some of the books coming out over the next couple of months.
So I don’t get too distracted and confused by all of the pretty covers I thought it might be a good idea to do a TBR list with the books I really want to read before the end of November. These are mostly ARCs and new releases but I’m leaving myself a little bit of room to try and get to some of the older books lurking on my shelves and kindle.
I’ve been making great progress with my ARCs until very recently so I want to keep up momentum by knocking another six off my list (and trying really hard not to request any more). These are all out over the next couple of months and are either from NetGalley or Readers First.
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin – I think this is going to be my next read. I was so lucky to get a copy of this from NetGalley and have been really looking forward to it. I’ve just been waiting for the right time so I can relax and enjoy.
- The Break by Marian Keyes – Technically no longer an ARC as it was released a week or so ago but still one I want to get to. Keyes is one of my all time favourite writers so I have high hopes.
- Moonlight over Manhattan by Sarah Morgan – Yay a Sarah Morgan Christmas romance. Perfect for getting into the holiday spirit even if it’s only September. There are mince pies in the supermarket already so the countdown has begun.
- The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman – Another I’ve been looking forward to. A prequel to Practical Magic, and ok I’ve only seen the film but I’ve read some other Hoffman books and loved so can’t wait for this.
- Undercover Princess by Connie Glynn – Honestly this had the word fairy tale in the blurb so I hit that request button like mad.
- My Side of the Diamond by Sally Gardner – I previously read An Almond for a Parrot by Sally Gardner and loved it’s weird mix of genres. I get the impression this will be kind of similar but YA.
There have been a lot of new releases over the last few weeks and even more coming over the next month or so that I can’t wait to read. I do however really need to instigate a bit of a book buying ban so I’m limiting this to books I already own or have pre ordered.
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo – I have the most beautiful copy of this sitting on my bookshelf and I haven’t had a chance to read it. I don’t think I’ll be able to resist for long.
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J Maas – Another book sitting on my shelf I haven’t had a chance to read as yet. I think Empire of Storms put me off Maas a bit and this book is huge so I’ve been a little wary.
- How to Stop Time by Matt Haig – I picked this up from the local supermarket a few weeks ago and haven’t had a chance to read yet (are you seeing a pattern here).
- The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo – I know for a fact that this is in October’s FairyLoot box and you can bet I’ll be reading it the second it arrives.
- The Empress by S.J. Kincaid – I love, love, loved the Diabolic so am really looking forward to this it’s sequel
By my calculations there are around 10 weeks until the end of November so I think I can squeeze in a few more but I want to leave it open. Looking at the list above I am thinking it’s a little heavy on fantasy and sci fi and drastically in need of some crime and horror (Halloween is coming after all) so if you have any rec’s that are worth breaking my ban for let me know.
So that’s my list. Have you read any of these? Any you’d particularly recommend or have doubts about? Are there any books on your Fall TBR that you really think should be on mine? Have you bought any mince pies yet?