The WWW Wednesday meme is hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words and is a great way to do a weekly update on what you’ve been reading and what you have planned.
To take part all you have to do is answer the following three questions:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
I started reading I Am Dust by Louise Beech on Sunday and am making pretty good progress with it. This is only my second book by the author but I’m already a big fan. Every book is completely different but the writing remains ridiculously good. I Am Dust is a thriller/ghost story so very dark and a little bit spooky. I am absolutely loving it.
On audio I’m still listening to East of Croydon by Sue Perkins. As one of the least adventurous people in the world I am finding Perkins ventures into Cambodia and Vietnam fascinating and slightly terrifying.
I’d been reading lots of serious and dark books over the last few weeks so was in need of something lighter and as you can probably tell by the covers above the four books finished over the last week have been much more colourful
- Deep Blue Trouble by Steph Broadribb – the second book in the Lori Anderson series about a bounty hunter was a fast paced, action packed read and I really, really enjoyed it. I was slightly missing JT in this one but there were some great new characters and a lot of twists and turns to keep me hooked
- Just As You Are by Kate Mathieson – this Bridget Jones inspired contemporary is about a 30 something woman returning home after travelling for years. She has a plan to settle down but when do things ever go to plan. It’s a fun read and there were a few bits which had me laughing out loud. You can read my full review here.
- Romancing Mr Bridgerton by Julia Quinn – I love a historical romance so I very much enjoyed this book by Julia Quinn. It may be rather predictable but it was a light and fluffy read that was perfect for a lazy morning avoiding the storms.
- The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan – More historical romance, this time from new to me author Milan. I’ve been curious about her books and this novella was free on Amazon so I thought why not. It may be short but it’s convinced me I need to read more by this author.
As I’ve been overloading on fluffy romances it’s probably about time for a change in genre. I’m on a mission this month to reduce my NetGalley shelf so I think I’m going to go for one of the fantasy or thriller reads from it.
Have you read any of the books on my list this week? Any others you’d recommend? As always please feel free to leave comments and links below.
Happy Reading ❤
3 thoughts on “WWW Wednesday: 4th March 2020”
Those thrillers on your next read list look so good! Hope they prove to be as good as they seem. Happy Reading! 📚
I’m happy to hear you are enjoying I Am Dust! I’m a huge fan of her work and I hope to start it myself some time soon… I’m also happy you enjoyed Deep Blue Trouble! Have a wonderful week and happy reading. xx
I’m super behind on commenting, but it looks like you had a great reading week.