The WWW Wednesday meme is hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words and is a great way to do a weekly update on what you’ve been reading and what you have planned.
To take part all you have to do is answer the following three questions:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
Wow, I can’t believe we’re into July already. This has been such a quick year. Anyway, I started reading Then She Vanishes by Claire Douglas at the weekend and made some really good progress with it. Unfortunately this progress came to a bit of a halt on Monday when I discovered my commute to work would be by replacement bus service rather than train. I get travel sick if I try to read on a bus (or car, or plane) and my commute is now three times as long so it’s proving difficult to get much reading done. It has been a great read so far so fingers crossed I can find some time to devote to it.
Two books finished again this week, both very different reads but both enjoyable.
- The Binding by Bridget Collins – Have to confess I picked this up largely because of the cover, I’m not sure I even read the blurb, but thankfully this turned out to be good decision as I loved it. It wasn’t exactly what I thought it would be, it’s more of a love story than a fantasy, but the writing and descriptions are wonderful and the central concept of being able to remove memories and bind them into books is brilliant.
- 99% Mine by Sally Thorne – As someone who absolutely loved The Hating Game this was one of my most anticipated reads of this year but after seeing a few not so great reviews I’d been putting it off. I couldn’t however resist when it popped up on NetGalley and read the whole thing in pretty much a day. It’s a very different book, with very different characters from The Hating Game but it had to be and I loved it. I think I just really liked main character Darcy and found her very relateable. The romance could have had a bit more heat but the whole thing just made me so emotional I couldn’t not adore it.
I finally got around to posting my Summer TBR at the weekend so I feel like I should maybe try to stick to it for at least the next week or so 🙂 Despite this however it is looking likely that my next read will be The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (which is not on my TBR) as I got it on Libby and it’s due back in a few days.
Have you read any of the books on my list this week? Any others you’d recommend? As always please feel free to leave comments and links below.
Happy Reading ❤