The WWW Wednesday meme is currently hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words and is a great way to do a weekly update on what you’ve been reading and what you have planned.
To take part all you have to do is answer the following three questions:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
I started The Mine by Antti Tuomainen yesterday and am already around 20% in and very much enjoying it. It is still early days and I’m not entirely sure where the story is going to go but I do like Tuomainen’s writing (or maybe it’s his translators).
On audio I’m still listening to Armada by Ernest Cline but have to confess I haven’t made as much progress with it as I thought I would. I am in the process of trying to train my feline overlord to use a catflap so I have to keep an ear out for his pathetic attempts to re enter our abode. I also haven’t really been driving so no listening in the car either.
A bit more of a normal week for me with three books finished.
- Hate Notes – 3 stars – Honestly I only finished this a few days ago and I’m struggling to remember anything that happened in it. It was a quick read so obviously not bad but I don’t think there was anything particularly stand out about it. I do remember not really liking the MC (little bit too ditsy and upbeat for cynical me).
- The Hate U Give – 4 stars – Yep I finally read it. I was a little wary of all of the hype but it is a really great read. I’m probably not the target audience for it but while there were some references I didn’t get (and probably a few I missed altogether) it is incredibly relateable. Thomas can really write, it’s a powerful and emotional read and while it deals with serious issues it keeps the focus on the characters.
- Lady Smoke – 4 stars – This is the second book in the Ash Princess trilogy and was so much better than I was expecting. I had some issues with the first book (too much violence and abuse) but this feels a little more even. It is still on the predictable side and pacing is a little off but I’m becoming a fan of this series.
I posted a Spring TBR at the weekend so I feel like I should try to stick with it for at least a little while 🙂 I have signed up for a group read/discussion of Empress of All Seasons which is starting on Saturday so I think it’ll probably be up next. I also want to finish off Close to the Edge by Toby Faber, which I’d previously started then put on hold and hopefully get to Two Can Keep a Secret.
Have you read any of the books on my list this week? Any others you’d recommend? As always please feel free to leave comments and links below.
Happy Reading ❤