For the first time ever I’ve decided to make an attempt at planning my reading so I’m participating in the second annual Summer TBR Wipeout hosted by Candid Cover. The challenge started on the 1st July and runs until the 13th August and I’m hoping will motivate me to finally make a dent in my ever increasing TBR.
I posted an introductory post at the start of the month and today it’s time for my first progress update. So how have I done…..
I’m actually pretty impressed with my progress and of the original list of 21 I’ve finished 5. Even more impressively, other than one book, which I couldn’t resist, every single book finished was on my plan.
- The Rome Affair by Karen Swan (NetGalley) – ♥♥♥♥½ – Loved this even more than I expected to. Full review here.
- Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody (NetGalley) – ♥♥♥♥ – Enjoyed this but didn’t love quite as much as I hoped I would. Review up tomorrow (probably).
- Don’t Close Your Eyes by Holly Seddon (Readers First) – ♥♥♥♥ – Very addictive psychological thriller about twins. Full review here.
- Close Enough to Touch by Colleen Oakley (Readers First) – ♥♥♥♥ – Quirky and sweet story about a woman who is allergic to other people. I haven’t posted a review but you can read my Goodreads review here.
- Roar by Cora Carmack (Fairyloot) – ♥♥♥ – An easy and enjoyable read but while I loved the storm magic there were just too many tropes to make it a stand out.
Removed from TBR
To be perfectly honest I didn’t have any real intention of reading Waiting for Columbus by Thomas Trofimuk. The only reason it was on my list was because it was this month’s real life book club book. The reviews I saw for it were not great, my library didn’t have it and there are so many other books I want to read that I didn’t want to spend any time on it.
Still to Read
Despite my progress so far there are still quite a few books on my list and I’ve been a bit bad and requested some more from NetGalley (and maybe bought quite a few too). My Netgalley shelf is a little out of control so I’m prioritizing books that are due to be published soon. I also have a few author events in August and I’d really like to be read up before them so I’m going to try and stick to the order below:
- The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond (Netgalley) – This is published at the end of the month and I’m reading it right now (well not right now as I’m writing this but you know)
- This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab (Purchased) – Author event 1st August
- Our Dark Duet by V.E. Schwab (Purchased) – per previous
- We Were Liars by E Lockhart (Purchased) – Author event 2nd August
- Wing Jones by Katherine Webber (Purchased) – Author event 2nd August
- Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker (Netgalley) – Published 8th August
- Yesterday by Felicia Yap (Netgalley) – Published 10th August
- The Scandal by Frederick Backman (Netgalley) – Published 10th August
- Maresi by Maria Turtshaminoff (Purchased) – Author event 19th August
- The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black (To buy) – Author event 19th August
- Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy (Purchased) – Author event 19th August
- The Boy on the Bridge by M.R. Carey (Library book) – Author event 20th August
- NOS 4R2 by Joe Hill (Library book) – Author event 20th August
- Now I Rise by Kiersten White (Purchased)
- Tall Oaks by Chris Whitaker (ReadersFirst)
So that’s 6 down and 15 to go and only 4 weeks left….eek!!
Are there any on the list you’ve read and would recommend?
I’m off now to start reading. Wish me luck and I’ll post another update at the end of the month.