It’s FairyLoot time at last!!!
This is only my second ever FairyLoot box and it feels like I have been waiting forever for it (my last box was way back in August). The theme this month is Steampunk Rebellion so I’ve been expecting lots of lovely steampunk style goodies and a book. I have to admit that steampunk is not my favorite genre, I’m probably in the minority when I say I much prefer The Mortal Instruments to The Infernal Devices, but I do love the style and there is some incredible jewellery and clothing.
As you can tell from the picture above I had a little bit of help with unboxing. A certain black furry monster decided to get in on the fun and while there wasn’t much for him (he was quite fond of the packaging and one of the items) there was a lot for me to love.
This month felt like a bumper box and I’m loving pretty much every item. I predict I will be spending a lot of time on Etsy picking up more items by these suppliers. So what did I get…
- Exclusive Divergent Candle from Meraki Candles – Six different candles went out based on the trilogy, one for each of the factions including Divergent. I was very happy to receive Candor, as the honest and forthright (lacking in charm) person that I am. The candle is scented with flowers and ozone so has a lovely fresh scent that I can’t wait to try. For those of you Throne of Glass fans, Meraki Candles also do a wide range of ToG candles. I’ve been trying to decide which one to buy first.
- Clockwork Ring from Cogs and Curiosities – It’s a nice big chunky ring with actual watch parts. I have to admit I had to fight the cat for it as he spotted something small and shiny and decided it was something to play with. It is now safely on my finger.
- Mechanical Butterfly Necklace from FairyLoot – I think this could be my favourite item in the box. It’s just so pretty I may never take it off.
- Exclusive Tea Towel from Read at Midnight – A tea towel was definitely unexpected but anything book related I’m in. It has one of my favourite quotes from the Infernal Devices and lots of cogs and wheels printed on it.
- Exclusive Special Edition Elias lip balm from Behind the Pages – I haven’t read An Ember in the Ashes yet so I don’t know anything about the character but the lipbalm smells incredible as it’s scented with spice and rain..mmmm!!
- Magnetic Bookmark from Happy Hello Inc – Fairyloot sent out two different bookmarks, Will and Jem from The Infernal Devices, and I received Will…yay!!
- Clock Washi Tape from FairyLoot – I have to admit I’m not entirely sure what to do with this. It seems to be something to do with journalling but as I don’t journal I’m not sure what I’ll do with it.
- Finally, and probably most importantly, the book. This month’s book is Metaltown by Kristen Simmons. Not a book I’d heard of but having read the synopsis it sounds like my kind of story. It also came with a signed bookplate, letter from the author and a badge.
If anyone is interested in signing up for future boxes you can find FairyLoot here. Boxes do go fast however so it’s best to get on their mailing list.